Some additional sources of information about the growing Rails with Trails option being explored by many communities.
- Rail-To-Trails Conservancy’s 2013 Rail with Trail Report
- Rails with Trails – site that showcase trails along active rail lines
- Trail with Rails – The Trails and Rails Action Committee (TRAC) site for the Remsen-to-Lake Placid railroad corridor
Catskill Mountain Railroad Documents (For Reference Only)
- CMRR Rail-With-Trail “White Paper” (October 2013) of the potential for Rail with Trail in Kingston.
- Business Plan for expanding railroad service to the Glenford Dike.
- Co-location report of Rail-With-Trail solutions from Milepost 3 to 11
Communities that have Rails with Trails
- Ohio: http://www.cvsr.com/bike-aboard. Bike Aboard! allows cyclists to bike the Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath Trail in one direction and ride the train in the other.
- Pennsylvania: http://www.octrr.org/. Bicyclists can ride the 10 mile long bike path through Oil Creek State Park.
- Maryland: http://www.wmsr.com/
- Oregon: http://www.astoriaoregon.com/astoria_trolley